Peter Rapaport Exec Search

recovery of a small debt from an exhibitor at Autotron

Posted (edited)

Hi - I am calling from the UK.  I have a recruitment/search business and I supply some organisations in the Netherlands. 

Can anybody help with some basic advice regarding the collection of a (personal) debt from a business in Den Haag?

I am happy to pay for a service.  I was swindled out of a smallish amount of money (275 euros) at an exhibition at Autotron, Rosmalen in October 2018.  I paid a deposit - and was given a receipt/invoice - for an item (retro jukebox) which was never supplied.  In the UK we have a 'small claims court' to try to recover such debts. I understand that in the Netherlands I could try bringing a 'Kanton section' case or, perhaps, utilise a baliff to collect the debt.  Does anybody know of a good law firm or baliff who may be able to help with this?   

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. 

Thank you,

Peter  +44 7833 052 474

Edited by Peter Rapaport Exec Search
correction

Dear Peter,  welcome on the site of HL.

Your request, however,  is placed in the wrong section of this site and it concerns a personal (consumer) debt, so it is not related to entrepreneurship.

Please go to 'Vraag & Aanbod' and post your request for help there.

This topic will be closed and will be removed in a short while. Best of luck!

Succes & Groet, Hans van den Bergh, Horeca- & Recreatie-ondernemer 'VOF De Witte Boerderij'