Import from South Africa

Good day,

I hope you can help with some guidance.

We want to import pre-packed food products (canned products, candy, spices, etc.) from South Africa. It is our understanding that some products are not allowed for resale here in The Netherlands. How do I get a specific list of which products can and cannot be imported. For example, Peppermint Crisp Chocolate cannot be ordered for resale here from South Africa. The Customs officers would know this because it would be on a list of non permitted products. How do I get that list so that I don't end up ordering products that will be held back at Customs here when it arrives and I incur storage costs.

Kind regards,

Asia

Link naar reactie

Aanbevolen berichten

4 antwoorden op deze vraag

(aangepast)

Hi Asia, welcome at Higherlevel!

2 uur geleden, Asia7861 zei:

How do I get that list so that I don't end up ordering products that will be held back at Customs here when it arrives and I incur storage costs.

You should contact RVO (The Netherland Enterprise Agency)  for further information about importregulations

2 uur geleden, Asia7861 zei:

For example, Peppermint Crisp Chocolate cannot be ordered for resale here from South Africa

Hmm, are you sure it's the actual product that is not permitted here?  Forbidden grey import/ parallel market import seems a more logical explanation. In that case, there does not need to be an actual list 

Edit: Amazon Ships Nestle Peppermint Crisp bars to the Netherlands, which are sold by a company in Sidney, Australia.  :thinking-face:

aangepast door Norbert Bakker
added Amazon link

Beluister mijn nieuwste podcast: de verplichte AOV, wat moet jij er mee?

Link naar reactie
Gast
Dit topic is nu gesloten voor nieuwe reacties.
Hide Sidebar
  • Wil je onze Nieuwsflits ontvangen?
    Deze verzenden we elk kwartaal.