Freelancers regulations

Good morning everyone,

I am in the process of starting my business, offering community management services as a freelancer. I could immediately start working for a company based in the Canary Islands. Since the amount of work I will have will probably not allow me to take in more customers, my question is, what is the best way to do so? I read that it's not possible to work as a freelancer for only one customer, is that right? Does that apply also for customers based abroad? Which construction would best suit my situation? I hope someone can help me clarify those doubts.

Thank you very much to anyobe who has some information or can direct me where to find some answers.

Martina

Link naar reactie

Aanbevolen berichten

1 antwoord op deze vraag

Dear Martina,  

The start of a freelancer-job is (when Dutch-based) indeed a problem when it's not clear if you are really working as a free-lancer.  There are two (separate) tests: one for the Dutch taxes and one for the Inspection for Social Affairs. If you're living in the Netherlands but working on the Canary Islands, you will probably have to deal with the Dutch tax criteria and the Spanish inspection.  If the company is Spanish but you will be working here, it will be the Dutch inspection. They will cover the criteria for responsibility of labour conditions, et cetera.

So, try the Dutch tax test (search for "Ben ik ondernemer voor de inkomstenbelasting?" in Google) with someone to translate it for you in English (it's Dutch). You must be able to prove (based on applications and reports) that what you answer is correct.

I guess you have been a visitor of www.business.gov.nl ? It provides a lot of information and further links. 

Good luck!

Link naar reactie
Gast
Dit topic is nu gesloten voor nieuwe reacties.
Hide Sidebar
  • Wil je onze Nieuwsflits ontvangen?
    Deze verzenden we elk kwartaal.