Factureer met BTW of zonder BTW?

Ik ben een zzp'er. Ik heb BTW en KVK nummer.

Ik geef bijvoorbeeld een tolkdienst aan een bedrijf in Nederland. Dit is hun zakenreis. Hun locatie is buiten Europa.

Maak ik een factuur met btw of zonder btw?  Dank je wel.

TRANSLATION

I am a freelancer. I have BTW and KVK number. For example, I give an interpretation service to a company in the Netherlands. This is their business trip. Their location is outside Europe. 

Do I make an invoice with VAT or without VAT? Thank you for your help.

Link naar reactie

Aanbevolen berichten

11 antwoorden op deze vraag

18 hours ago, Joost Rietveld said:

Dear Mari

This is basic knowledge for entrepreneurs. Perhaps it's better to hire a bookkeeper.

Services to Dutch entrepreneurs are BTW taxed. It doesn't matter that they use this knowledge on their trips abroad.

Thank you for your reply. I live in the Netherlands. Customer (company based in outside Europe) visits the Netherlands. I give them a translation service. I do not go outside the Netherlands.

In that case, do I invoice them with or without VAT?

Link naar reactie
6 minuten geleden, Mary ZZP Netherlands zei:

I live in the Netherlands. Customer (company based in outside Europe) visits the Netherlands. I give them a translation service. I do not go outside the Netherlands.

That was clear in the first opening sentence.

10 minuten geleden, Mary ZZP Netherlands zei:

In that case, do I invoice them with or without VAT?

You charge your customer with 21% VAT.

Косара - Счетоводни и консултантски услуги / Cosara - Biuro Rachunkowe i Doradztwo Podatkowe

Instead of Thinking Outside the Box, Get Rid of the Box.

Link naar reactie

@zzp Mari, heeft u een boekhouder? neen, neem er dan een. Van een zelfstandige wordt verwacht dat de persoon op zijn minst de basic kennis heeft van het boekhouden en de wetten hier om heen.

Ik heb ook een boekhouder, en geloof me... die zijn verdomd handig. Als die het antwoord niet weet stel dan de onopgeloste vraag nog eens hier. Uiteraard bent u vrij om te vragen wat u wilt, maar met een beetje Google had u ook het antwoord makkelijk gevonden zoals meerdere BTW vraagstukken.

Ik vind daarom ook dat ieder beginnende ondernemer bij inschrijving K.v.K. een basis boekhouding moet kunnen overleggen, diploma, certificaat. Het is toch een serieus vak?

Ik vind dat ook dat jaarstukken door een boekhouder moet worden opgesteld, dat zou de belasting heel wat tijd schelen.

Ik denk dat dan ook de gigantische webshopjes met het befaamde dropshipping systeem het dan anders gaan inzien, en wellicht zullen velen zich eerst bedenken om zomaar een webshop op het net te knikkeren. Mooi voorbeeld laatst van een T-shirt verkoopster, design van een bekend Frans merk. 

Link naar reactie

Let's clear up one big misunderstanding about where a service takes place with regards to the VAT law. The main rule is this (art 6 Dutch VAT law):

De plaats van een dienst, verricht voor een als zodanig handelende ondernemer, is de plaats waar die ondernemer de zetel van zijn bedrijfsuitoefening heeft gevestigd.

Translated: the place of a service provided to an entrepreneur, is the place where this entrepreneur holds his seat of business conduct.

In other words: if the entrepreneur is a foreign company, then the VAT of that country applies. You reverse charge the VAT on your invoice to him/her/them.

Then there are exceptions: places where an event is held (see Rik's post above), services with regards to real estate, services to non-entrepreneurs, personal transportation, restaurant and catering etc (see articles 6a through 6j of the Dutch VAT law) are taxed at the specific location. So if a real estate is situated in The Netherlands and you hire a foreign architect to draw up a rebuild plan, then Dutch VAT applies, even if this foreign architect never sets foot on Dutch soil.  

Since translation services are not mentioned in the exceptions, the main rule applies here: even if these services are actually performed on the street of a Dutch city (i.e. whilst giving a tour). As long as the client gives you his foreign companies details you can make an invoice on which you reverse charge the VAT to this company.

DenariusAdvies: Tax | M&A | Legal

Link naar reactie
Gast
Dit topic is nu gesloten voor nieuwe reacties.
Hide Sidebar
  • Wil je onze Nieuwsflits ontvangen?
    Deze verzenden we elk kwartaal.