ZZP Intermediary and Client Contract

I'm offered a freelance assignment from a Client, and they hired an intermediary broker to take care of the paper work (contract, invoicing, etc.).

I'm currently reviewing the contract. However, I'm only offered a contract between me and the intermediary. The intermediary is not offering a contract between me and the client.

In the contract with the intermediary, it states that I bear the risk of non-payment from the client. So if the client doesn't pay, the intermediary is not responsible. I will bear the responsibility to collect the payment myself. 

I assume that in this case, I will also need a contract between me and the client. In case of non-payment, I can use the contract between me and the client to collect the payment.

I've also checked the model agreement published by the tax office, as the intermediary mention that they follow the model agreement. They mention that it is advised to have both contract, and 2 contracts are inter linked.

My questions are: Is it normal for intermediary to offer only one contract with them. Am I in the right to ask for a contract between me and the client? How do I avoid or legally protect myself from the non-payment situation?

It'd be helpful to get some advise from freelancers who have been hired through an intermediary.

Thank you!

Link naar reactie

Aanbevolen berichten

1 antwoord op deze vraag

Welcome to Higherlevel.

23 minuten geleden, ForetStudio zei:

Is it normal for intermediary to offer only one contract with them.

Yes. The client has reasons to use an intermediary: to avoid the financial risk of employment, amongst others.

23 minuten geleden, ForetStudio zei:

Am I in the right to ask for a contract between me and the client?

No. The client has reasons to use an intermediary: to avoid the financial risk of employment, amongst others.

25 minuten geleden, ForetStudio zei:

How do I avoid or legally protect myself from the non-payment situation?

Work for clients and intermediaries with a good track record on payment.

26 minuten geleden, ForetStudio zei:

It'd be helpful to get some advise from freelancers who have been hired through an intermediary.

99% of my work as an interim manager is through an intermediary.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ron van der Kolk MSc MBA

Ik werk via Inflection als interimmanager voor de publieke sector aan betere

dienstverlening, bedrijfsvoering & informatievoorziening door de overheid. 

Link naar reactie
Gast
Dit topic is nu gesloten voor nieuwe reacties.
Hide Sidebar
  • Wil je onze Nieuwsflits ontvangen?
    Deze verzenden we elk kwartaal.