Trademark application in Europe

(aangepast)

Hello, I have recently registered as a ZZP with the KVK for a new business, and I would like to protect my trade name with a European trademark via EUIPO, I am given the option to register my trademark as a legal entity or a "natural person" - as I am registered as a ZZP I assume that I should register as a natural person, is anyone able to confirm/advise? 

Any help is much appreciated. 

aangepast door Simon Barras
misspelling
Link naar reactie

Aanbevolen berichten

5 antwoorden op deze vraag

If you registered yourself as ZZP with the Chamber of Commerce (KvK), this type of registration is called an 'eenmanszaak' in Dutch. As the 'eenmanszaak' is not a separate legal entity in the Netherlands, before the EUIPO you indeed have to register your trade mark as a natural person.

Gemeas Patents voor bescherming van uw technische idee.

Link naar reactie

I (partly) don't agree with the previous responses.

Yes, you should (probably) register the trade mark as a natural person, but not because you have an 'eenmanszaak'/zzp.  That is completely unrelated.

If you did have a legal entity (which you don't, apparently) you would have a choice. The owner of the trade mark will be whomever you indicate when registering the trade mark (the legal entity, yourself, or your grandma if you want).

As long as the operating entity has permission from the owner (and this can be implicit permission), the operating entity can use the trade mark.

There is simply no relation between how you do your business and who is the owner of the trade mark.

Bel een octrooigemachtigde van Patenthuis bij al uw octrooivragen !

Link naar reactie

Maak een account aan of log in om te reageren

Je moet een lid zijn om een reactie te kunnen achterlaten

Account aanmaken

Registreer voor een nieuwe account in onze community. Het is erg gemakkelijk!

Registreer een nieuw account

Inloggen

Heb je reeds een account? Log hier in.

Nu inloggen
Hide Sidebar
  • Onze Nieuwsflits ontvangen?
    Deze verzenden we elk kwartaal.