I need help in setting up/how to start my business in the Netherlands

(aangepast)

Hello everyone,

I started Editing and Proofreading service on fiverr. Now my business is really taking off and I would like to register it and employ people since I am also pursuing my PhD. 

I have just no idea how to start. I know about the small business scheme but I think I will make more than the 20k per year and I want to be able to employ people on a freelancing/project basis. 

Can anyone guide me on what steps I would need to take in my situation?

Samia

aangepast door Mikky Vrolijk
Titel aangepast
Link naar reactie

Aanbevolen berichten

13 antwoorden op deze vraag

The Small Business Scheme is what we call the KOR. Your business will be VAT-exempt, but the advantage is limited. You best look at your service and clientele. If you deliver a proofreading & editing service via Fiverr: who are your clients, where are they based and how is VAT affecting your business?

If there is so much demand that you consider employing others, its best to forget about the KOR all together and just set up a solid business with all VAT rules considered!

Are you Dutch-based? Do you expect your employees to be Dutch-based? Where is your clientele?

Hiep hiep hoera: honderd jaar A4  :partying-face:  (DIN = Duits Instituut voor Normalisatie)

Link naar reactie
6 minuten geleden, Samiaeditor zei:

it doesn't they order over the freelance platform fiverr

So ignore the whole small business scheme.

Just start as a one-man-band (eensmanszaak) and get your processes in order, for instance by using online apps (Google Drive) with an eye on future expansion with sub-contractors. Grow a customer base, build a brand (customer experience CX, graphics, customer service, pricing etc) and only after you are happy with the flow start carefully employ sub-contractors. Make sure you can be the back-up!

Don't count yourself rich too fast by growing too quick. 

Hiep hiep hoera: honderd jaar A4  :partying-face:  (DIN = Duits Instituut voor Normalisatie)

Link naar reactie
14 minuten geleden, Samiaeditor zei:

It's just that I get so many orders that I am completely overbooked so I really want to employ 2-3 employees on a project basis.

Sounds great! You found a good niche. I hope the prices you can charge are good too, so you have some space to develop.

First tip: find a virtual assistant with maybe some experience in your domain and ask her/him to help you with the business side. Pay her/him a basic fee for basic services, and maybe a percentage on all services sold.

Link naar reactie
9 minuten geleden, Samiaeditor zei:

Can you recommend where to find virtual assistants, probably Upwork I guess.

Noticed someone was selling VA-capacity from the Philipines. I would suggest searching on Linkedin too, combining VA-skills with some experience with Biomedicine and probably also a few language skills.

Link naar reactie
Gast
Dit topic is nu gesloten voor nieuwe reacties.
Hide Sidebar
  • Onze Nieuwsflits ontvangen?
    Deze verzenden we elk kwartaal.